Amen!! My spirit sang praises at the truth of this statement! Take a moment. Meditate on it. Let His goodness and faithfulness soak into your heart. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for giving us Yourself.
Philippians 2:6-8Hallelujah!
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!
So much has happened in the **yikes** almost 6 months since I last posted. Here's the short version:
- In May I started babysitting for a friend from Bible study who was expecting their 2nd child.
- My parents and grandparents came to visit and we enjoyed our first trip to the Calgary Stampede along with a second wedding reception for all of Rob's family and friends.
- In mid-July my friend randomly showed me and Rob the empty apartment suite in their basement.
- 3 days later, Rob's dad told us we needed to move out.
- July 31 we moved into said basement suite and SO ENJOY having our own place.
- Baby #2 upstairs was just born three weeks ago and the mom's God-parents from Vancouver are staying in our extra bedroom for 2 months (a condition of our moving into the apartment).
- I just returned from 2 weeks in Kansas with my parents, during which time we traveled to Nashville to see Wesley and Courtney. I also got to spend some time with my sweet sister Jasmine.
- Today we celebrate 9 amazing months of marriage!!
I believe I've mentioned in past posts about how much of a temper I have and how difficult it is for me to curb the words that fly out of my mouth when I'm angry. God really started hammering away on this sin in my life. I can't claim full victory (yet) but I am so excited to see the changes He's made so far!
It began with this verse:
1 Peter 3:4I told the Lord, "I don't feel like my spirit is gentle or quiet. In fact, I often feel a bit more like a hurricane that just blows in and out and leaves a lot of destruction or confusion in my wake." God began to show me that having a gentle and quiet spirit doesn't mean that I suddenly become a quiet person (volume-wise.) Because that's not who He made me! He made me to be a joyful, boisterous, excited-about-life woman! But I can be all of that with a spirit that is gentle (by discernment seeks the needs and hurts of others and prays for them) and quiet (listens for the direction, prompting and correction of the Holy Spirit).
Rather, it [your beauty] should be that of your inner self, the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
The next thing the Lord impressed upon my heart (I'm sure in response to my incomprehensible ramblings about how impossible it seemed) was this: "Step by step. Walk with Me step by step." He was really reminding me that the road to holiness is straight, long, and steep. I will stumble. But He will be right there with me, helping me up for the next step in the right direction.
So I have been walking with Him, step by step. And at the end of every week, I see greater victory in my life! I am less frustrated less often, and my tongue gets away from me with less and less frequency. Praise the name of our Holy Lord, who consistently refines us like silver!Psalm 37:23-24
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Psalm 17:3bThat's all the update I'll give for now. The bathroom desperately needs cleaning after my 2 week absence. :)
I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress
May the Lord bless you as you seek His face, for He promises to be found by you!
Love in the Lamb,
Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment