January 17, 2010

Here goes nothin'

I've come to a place in my life where I know I will be leaning hard upon the Lord. Not that this is in any way bad, quite the opposite--I just wasn't expecting such a culture shock moving here to Rochester.

I've always considered myself a city girl, but I feel like a veritable country bumpkin here. I'm living with my Deaf professor and her husband in Rochester proper. From what I could tell on the way in, this neighborhood/part of town is primarily black. I've never been the minority. Not comfortable...I feel so vulnerable, and I feel like everyone around me knows it.

At the risk of sounding incredibly.....I don't even know what.....I'm scared...scared to look at people in the eye. scared to look around while i'm at a stoplight. I don't want to live in fear! I'm just so out of my element.

Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore! Ps. 105:4

I'm going to be learning a lot more than interpreting this semester. I pray that I let God mold me and teach me to rely on His strength and not my own. It's so tempting to wish that I even had another friend here, because wandering in unfamiliar territory is always easier with a friend. But I've got to rely on my Best Friend. He's not sent me out and just wished me good luck. He's walking beside me. Leading me. Carrying me. Please pray that I will let Him have his way in me!

Blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment