So, it's about that time again. Dun dun duuunn....the new year's resolutions post!
Today in Breakthru, Joe Skillen gave a very challenging sermon on this idea. He talked first about how he has tried to make a Spiritual, Intellectual, and Physical goal. I liked this idea, and the tips/suggestions he made for reasons why we should make these goals really drove home to me. More than anything, I was really challenged by his comment that we should "Do something that cripples you so you must cry out to God." I'm so often unwilling to attempt anything at which I might fail.
I spent some time really praying this afternoon about what he spoke on, and here's what I've come up with. He said make them public, so here I go. The four of you who read this: feel free to ask me how it's going!
Spiritual: Spend 30 min/3x/week being still and learning to listen for God's voice.
Physical: Run 1/2 mile/4x/week with the goal being able to do a consecutive mile by graduation and 2 consecutive miles by Christmas 2010. Not much to some people, but a big goal for me!
Intellectual: This one is an either/or goal. I either want to finish The Collected Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer or spend the time to go through each book of the Bible and really understand each books overarching purpose. Hopefully, God will help me accomplish both!
So that's mine. What about you? Let God challenge and push you this year. May Jesus be your impetus and the Spirit be your strength!
No comments:
Post a Comment