March 28, 2009

Friendship

I just spent the weekend with two of my girlfriends from high school. We've not seen each other much since graduation--mostly once every Christmas and once ever summer or so. It's been incredible to just pick up right where we left off (I must admit, we have facebook to thank for the fact that we are still in touch).

I'm just reminded by spending time with these ladies what it means that Jesus is my friend. No matter how long I go without really sitting down and talking with him, he still desires to know me, spend time with me, have fun with me, and speak truth into me. I've been learning these past few months to really walk in prayer. Not just bless my food or ask for help on a test--to really walk the sidewalks and halls of school in communion with God. The Spirit has made himself more evident as I allow my eyes to be opened.

I've sung this song countless times, but what a sweet reminder!

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

1 comment: